2 cups white sugar
1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
2 medium Granny Smith apples - peeled, cored and chopped
1 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 cup butter or margarine
2 teaspoons milk 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9 inch Bundt pan.
- In a large bowl, beat the sugar, oil, vanilla and eggs with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; stir into the batter just until blended. Fold in the apples and walnuts using a spoon. Pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes in the preheated oven, until a toothpick inserted into the crown or the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool for about 20 minutes then invert on to a wire rack.
- Make the glaze by heating the butter, milk and brown sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve the sugar, then remove from the heat. Drizzle over the warm cake. I like to place a sheet of aluminum foil under the cooling rack to catch the drips for easy clean up.