1/2 cup shredded cabbage
1/2 cup shredded red cabbage
1/4 cup coloured capsicum strips
1/4 cup sliced onions
1/4 cup grated carrot
1/4 cup tomato strips
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 tsp vinegar
1 tsp powdered sugar
1/2 tbsp fresh cream
salt and freshly ground black pepper (kalimirch) to taste
3 burger buns
1 1/2 tsp soft butter
1 1/2 tsp mustard (rai / sarson) paste
2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- Combine the cabbage, red cabbage, capsicum strips, onions, carrot, tomato strips, mayonnaise, vinegar, powdered sugar, fresh cream, salt and pepper in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Divide the salad mixture into 3 equal portions. Keep aside.
- Cut each burger bun horizontally into two.
- Place both the halves on a non-tick tava (griddle) and cook it till it turns light brown in colour from both the sides.
- Spread ¼ tsp of butter and ¼ tsp of mustard paste evenly on the inner side of each halve.
- Place ½ cup of lettuce on the lower burger bun halve, with the buttered side facing upwards and top it with a portion of the prepared salad mixture.
- Place the upper half of the bun over it with the buttered side facing downwards.
- Repeat steps 4 to 7 to make 2 more burgers.
- Serve immediately.