2 cups cooked penne
1 cup roughly chopped red pumpkin (bhopla / kaddu)
1 cup milk
1 tsp butter
1/4 cup finely chopped onions
1/2 tsp chopped garlic (lehsun)
1/2 cup blanched broccoli florets
1/2 tsp dry red chilli flakes (paprika)
1/2 tsp dried mixed herbs
salt to taste
- Boil enough water in a deep non-stick pan, add the red pumpkin, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 8 to 10 minutes or till the red pumpkin is soft, while stirring occasionally.
- Drain and keep aside to cool completely. Once cooled, blend in a mixer along with the milk till smooth.
- Keep the pumpkin sauce aside.
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and garlic and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the broccoli, chilli flakes, mixed herbs and salt and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the prepared pumpkin sauce and penne, mix gently and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
How to pack
Allow it to cool completely, and pack in an air-tight tiffin box.