for 1 loaf
8 oz cream cheese
2 tablespoons heavy cream
⅓ cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
FRENCH TOAST EGG MIXTURE
9 brioche breads
¾ cup milk
½ cup heavy cream
1 tablespoon vanilla
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
¼ teaspoon nutmeg
¼ teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons sugar
½ lb strawberry, sliced
3 bananas, sliced
powdered sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350˚F (180˚C).
- For the cheesecake filling: in a small bowl, combine cream cheese, egg, heavy cream, sugar and vanilla. Beat until smooth.
- For the French toast egg mixture, combine eggs, milk, heavy cream, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Stir until well incorporated.
- Dip slices of brioche in egg mixture.
- Transfer brioche slices and cover bottom of a loaf pan, using a half or a quarter of a slice if necessary.
- Cover the slices with cheesecake filling and spread evenly.
- Layer another row of brioche slices and top with slices of strawberry and banana.
- Layer one last row of brioche slices using small pieces of the bread to fill in the holes.
- Bake for 30 minutes covered, then 10 minutes uncovered.
- Let cool to room temperature.
- Invert the loaf onto a parchment paper-lined baking tray.
- Brush top of loaf with butter and sprinkle sugar over top.
- Broil on high for 5 minutes or until sugar starts to carmelize.
- Garnish with more strawberries, banana, and powdered sugar. Slice and serve.