for 8 servings
2 large sweet potatoes
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 teaspoons salt
1 ½ teaspoons pepper
1 tomato, diced
¼ cup green onion, chopped
1 bell pepper, diced and cooked
½ teaspoon garlic powder
½ cup milk
10 slices ham
2 cups spinach
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Using a mandolin, slice the sweet potatoes to about 3-millimeter thick slices.
- In a large bowl, combine sliced sweet potatoes, oil, salt, and pepper.
- Lay out sweet potato slices on a large sheet pan and bake for 10 minutes.
- Combine eggs, tomatoes, green onions, bell pepper, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and milk in a large bowl, whisking to combine.
- Remove sweet potatoes from oven once edges start to crisp and turn the oven down to 400°F (200°C) .
- Line the sides and base of a 9x5-inch (20x10-cm) greased loaf pan with the sweet potato slices.
- Repeat with ham slices, then add spinach, another layer of sweet potatoes slices, the egg mixture, another layer of ham, and a final layer of sweet potato slices. Fold the outside sweet potato slices over the final layer of sweet potatoes.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Place a plate over top and invert the loaf pan onto the plate, slice and serve.