1 can refrigerated pizza dough
3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
16 pepperoni slices
1/2 cup olive oil melted
1 tbsp Italian seasoning
egg wash optional
1 tbsp fresh parsley chopped fine
marinara sauce for dipping
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F. Line a medium baking sheet with parchment or a nonstick baking mat and set aside.
- On a work surface, stretch out pizza dough into a large rectangle, about 12x14".
- Cut the dough widthwise into six strips, and add olive oil, Italian seasoning and cheese down the middle of each strip.
- Using your fingers, bring the edges together, pinching to seal into long tubes.
- Place three tubes side by side, and then weave together to make a braid, inserting pepperoni slices in between as you go. Pinch at each end to attach.
- Repeat previous step for the remaining three tubes to make a second loaf.
- Place braids on prepared baking sheet and brush with optional egg wash.
- Bake in oven for 20 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven, sprinkle with optional chopped parsley.
- Serve and enjoy!