How to cook Strawberry Cream Roll:
3 eggs 1 cup white sugar
1/3 cup hot water
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup sifted all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup confectioners' sugar for dusting
1 cup fresh strawberries
1 cup heavy cream, chilled
1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
1 tablespoon white sugar
2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar, for dusting (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Butter a jelly roll pan. Line it with buttered foil or buttered parchment paper.
- Beat the eggs until thick and lemon colored. Gradually add 1 cup white sugar, beating constantly. Stir in water and vanilla extract. Fold in flour, baking powder, and salt. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake until cake is springy to the touch and beginning to shrink away from the sides of the pan, about 15 minutes.
- Lay out a tea towel, and sprinkle it with confectioners' sugar. Turn the cake out on the towel. Peel off the paper or foil. Cut away crusty edges with kitchen shears or a sharp paring knife. Roll the cake up in the towel, and leave it to cool.
- Whip the cream. Add unflavored gelatin and 1 tablespoon sugar. Fold in strawberries. Unroll the cake.
- Spread with the strawberry cream, and roll up again. Chill cake for at least 1 hour.
- Before serving, dust cake with confectioners' sugar or top with additional whipped cream.