1/2 pound ground beef
1 tbsp olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
24 3.5-inch wonton wrappers
1 cup ricotta cheese
2 cups grated parmesan cheese divided
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese divided
1 cup marinara sauce
chopped basil for garnish optional
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Spray a 12-cup muffin pan with cooking spray. Set aside 3/4 cup each of parmesan and mozzarella cheese.
- Place a skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil and then ground beef, salt and pepper. Fry until browned, turning with a wooden spoon. Set aside.
- Press a wonton into the bottom of a muffin cup. Scoop a few teaspoons each of ricotta, then parmesan, mozzarella, beef and finally sauce. Add a second wonton and repeat. Add a final pinch of reserved parmesan and mozzarella.
- Repeat for remaining cups. Bake in the lower third of your oven for 15-18 minutes until the edges are golden brown.
- Remove from oven and lift out the cups, using a knife if needed. Garnish with optional basil. Serve and enjoy!