How to cook Mango Ginger Pickle Andhra style:
Raw Mango - 8 cups ( Washed, wiped and cubed )
Methi / Fenugreek seeds - 1 tbsp
Mustard seeds - ½ cup
Kashmiri red chilli powder - 2 cup
Turmeric powder - 2 tsp
Salt - 1 and ½ cup
Fresh Ginger Garlic paste - 1 cup
Sesame oil - 3 cups
1. Spread the mango pieces on a clean kitchen towel and let them dry for 3-4 hours.
2. Heat oil in a pan until it is very hot.
3. Remove the pan from heat and let the oil cool completely.
4. Dry roast fenugreek seeds until slightly browned.
5. Add fenugreek seeds and mustard seeds in a blender and blend to make a smooth powder.
6. Add mango, fenugreek and mustard powder, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, salt and ginger garlic paste in a bowl.
7. Add half of the cooled oil and mix well.
8. Transfer the pickle in a clean glass jar.
9. Top with the remaining oil.
10. Cover the jar with a lid or tie with a muslin cloth.
11. Keep the jar in strong sun for 3-4 days.
12. The pickle is ready to use now.
13. Top the jar with more oil to make sure mangoes are covered with oil.