4 potatoes, boiled
1 cup corn, boiled
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 onion, finely chopped
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1 sprig curry leaves, finely chopped
3 green chilies, finely chopped
1 teaspoon salt
5 stalks coriander leaves, finely chopped
For the Coating
1 egg, beaten
1 cup bread crumbs
1 cup vegetable oil
- Boil the potatoes till fork tender. Mash the potatoes and mix it with boiled corn kernels. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add in the chopped onions. Fry till the onions are soft. Add in the crushed garlic and saute for a minute. Next, add in the chopped curry leaves, finely chopped green chilies and salt. Set aside.
- Add in this mixture to the potato corn mixture along with finely chopped coriander leaves. Mix well.
- Check for seasoning. Mix well to combine. Make small patties and keep it in a plate.
- Take the patties and dip it in the egg and then the bread crumbs. Set aside. Repeat till all the patties are coated in egg and bread crumbs. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan until hot. Place the patties and shallow fry on both sides until golden. Remove the cutlets and drain on paper towels.