1. Cheesy Jalapeño Corn Dogs
for 4 serving
4 cheddar cheeses, thinly sliced, room temperature
4 hot dogs
1 cup flour
1 cup yellow cornmeal
¼ cup sugar
4 teaspoons baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
⅛ teaspoon black pepper
1 cup milk
1 jalapeño, minced
1 qt vegetable oil, for frying
- Place a hot dog on a slice of cheese, then roll the cheese slice around the hot dog.
- Push a wooden skewer inside, then place the cheese-wrapped hot dogs seam side down on a baking sheet.
- Freeze for 20 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the dry ingredients.
- Once fully combined, mix in the wet ingredients, milk, egg, and jalapeño. Stir until batter is smooth with no lumps.
- Pour the batter into a tall glass for easier dipping.
- Preheat oil to 350°F (180°C).
- Take a frozen hot dog and dip it fully into the batter, lifting it out then rotating it to let excess batter drip off.
- Using tongs, carefully place the battered dog into the hot oil, rotating it so that it fries evenly. Cook for 3-
- 5 minutes or until golden brown.
2. Jalapeño Popper Dip
for 1 serving
4 oz jalapeño, 1 can; or 4-6 fresh, roasted and diced, include seeds for extra spice
8 oz cream cheese, 1 package, softened
1 cup sour cream
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup shredded parmesan cheese, divided
½ cup italian breadcrumb
4 tablespoons butter, melted
1 tablespoon dried parsley
- To roast the jalapeños, cut fresh jalapeños in half, then place face down on a baking sheet.
- Broil jalapeños until the skins blacken and bubble up.
- Remove from broiler and peel outer skin, then dice. Set aside.
- To prepare the dip, in a medium bowl, mix cream cheese and sour cream.
- Add cheddar cheese, ¾ cup (75 g) of the parmesan cheese, and diced jalapeños. Mix well.
In another medium bowl, mix bread crumbs, melted butter, the remaining parmesan cheese, and dried parsley.
- Spoon into 8x8 inch (20x20 cm) baking dish, or medium sized cast iron pan, spreading evenly.
- Sprinkle bread crumb topping evenly over jalapeño mixture.
- Bake at 400˚F (200˚C) for 20 minutes, or until hot and bread crumbs are golden brown.
- Serve with bread or crackers.
3. Jalapeño Popper Dip–stuffed Chicken
for 3 servings
1 jalapeño, diced
2 oz cream cheese
½ cup cheddar cheese
3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
salt, to taste
2 cups flour
2 eggs, beaten
2 cups bread crumb
1 cup oil, for frying
- Dice a jalapeño. Then add it in a medium bowl and mix with cream cheese and cheddar cheese.
- Salt your chicken breasts. Cut a pocket into the side of each chicken breast. Stuff the pockets evenly with the jalapeño mixture. Press the edges of the chicken together to seal the pocket.
- Separate the flour, eggs, and bread crumbs into 3 separate bowls.
- Dip the stuffed chicken in the flour, then the egg, then the bread crumbs, coating it evenly.
- Heat the oil in a large pan over medium heat. Preheat the oven to 350˚F (180˚C).
- Fry the chicken until golden brown on both sides.
- Transfer the chicken to a baking dish, then bake for 20 minutes. Serve!
4. Jalapeño Popper Egg Rolls
for 6 servings
4 oz cream cheese, softened
¾ cup shredded cheddar cheese
¾ cup shredded monterey jack cheese
½ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons water
1 lb jalapeño, tops removed, seeded, and halved
1 package wonton wrapper
2 cups oil, for frying
- Add the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and Monterey Jack cheese, garlic powder, oregano, salt, and pepper to a bowl. Stir to combine. Add 1 tablespoon of water a time until the mixture is smooth enough to be a spreadable paste.
- Fill each jalapeño half with 1 tablespoon of the cheese mixture.
- Place a filled jalapeño on a wonton wrapper, fold over the side edges, then using the tip of your finger, wet the remaining edges of the wonton with water and continue to roll. Repeat with remaining jalapeños.
- In a large pot, heat oil to 350˚F (180˚F).
- Fry the egg rolls in small batches until golden brown and crispy.
- Transfer the egg rolls to a paper towel-lined plate.
5. Jalapeño Poppers
for 8 poppers
8 slices bacon
8 oz cream cheese, softened
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200˚C).
- Slice the jalapeños in half, then remove the seeds by scraping out the insides.
- Spread the cream cheese evenly among the jalapeño shells.
- Wrap each jalapeño in bacon.
- Place the bacon-wrapped jalapeños on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 20 minutes, until bacon is browned and peppers are tender.